How do you get all your important email information to the cloud?
Email migration…what you need to know.
Servers can be a pain. They are like a bad roommate. Taking up a room in your office, picky about the thermostat, running up the electric bill and never helping with the dishes. One of the biggest causes of server bloat is hosting your own in-house mail server. With the rise of hosted exchange services like Office 365, this is no longer an issue. Simply move your mail out to the cloud and you free yourself of the cost and responsibility of in-house mail management. The benefits of hosted exchange is a topic for a different day, but feel free to click here to learn more about our hosted exchange services.
So let’s say you have decided to make the change to hosted exchange. Or maybe you are simply investigating the benefits and the costs. While there are pros and cons to any IT change (contact a Laughing Rock Consultant for a complete breakdown), the real question we address in this article is how to get years (or in some cases, decades) worth of calendar, contact, email, and public folder information safely and seamlessly into the cloud?
Enter Laughing Rock Technology
Laughing Rock has spent years streamlining a migration process that not only moves your data to the cloud in real-time, but also allows you to switch to your new servers instantly with the click of a button. While we can’t share the details of how we do it (sorry, trade secret), we can give you a breakdown of how simple the process is:
- We consult with your staff to cleanup your existing mail environment.
- We setup your new mail server just the way you want it.
- We connect the two servers in real-time to create an active synch between them.
- We confirm that all the data has been synchronized.
- You get an email saying that the servers are ready. Once you are comfortable, simply click a link in that email. Your Outlook will close and when it re-opens, you will be on the new server.
- Your organization is now living the dream.
Here’s the best part: Our transfer process and software works for nearly any mail transfer.
- Moving from Exchange to Exchange? – No problem.
- Moving from Exchange to Cloud? – We got you.
- Moving from Cloud to Exchange? – Yahtzee!
- Moving from GoDaddy to Office 365? – Eazy Peezy.
- Moving to a new apartment in the city? – Sorry, we can’t help there. Call your brother-in-law and bribe him with pizza.
Oh, and one final thing. Our pricing is flat rate. All you pay is one low fee per mailbox. That fee covers consultation, technology services, licensing, and support. No ongoing fees, no commitments, no worries.
Looking to make an email change? Contact us today to speak with one of our consultants to find out how easy it can be.